Thursday, November 25, 2010

festivals in bogota

Some of the most recognized festivals celebrated here in Bogota include the Festival Iberoamericano De Teatro, Festival Internacional del Jazz, Festival: Rock Al Parque.
I had the opportunity to go and watch 2 presentations of the Italian people making the Festival Iberoamericano De Teatro 2010. I went in vacations with my dad, and my brother. Some minutes before the presentation begins, we were still looking for a sit! I was very stressed, but then we could find solution, and when it started, was amazing. It was at the Plaza de Los Toros, and the presentations were at the bottom part, were everybody could see them. At the beginning I was a little scared because there were no lights, but after some minutes lights started to appear with different colors following the artists. There were many activities joined together in 1 presentation. They danced and flied, and even they hanged from a little rope that was joined to a helicopter. I loved it!  Although I was almost crying before the presentation began, I felt much better when the artists began their presentation.
About the Festival Del Jazz. I haven’t been in this festival, but what I found was that it is celebrated in September. It is a musical encounter, were artists and people connect with music, with the jazz power. Bogotan people have been celebrating this festival since 1996, the year when it was created. It is celebrated at Simon Bolivar Park, Parque Nacional, Parque de la Independencia, Parque del Renacimiento, La Media Torta, and Parque de los Novios. It has been a good tourists-attraction. Seems good. I expect some day I could watch it by myself.
About the Festival del Rock: It was born in 1995, and in 2009 its 15th editions arrives. Since 2005 Rock al Parque Festival counts with its own space to the production of rock, known as “Carpa Distrito Rock”. Its main pourpose is to bring many rock artists, it is a festival concert. But this festival has brought many problems; when people gets inside there, they become crazy, drugging, kicking, hitting, fighting, dancing, destroying, they become uncontrollable.
 by Margarita Rey 8a

No comments:

Post a Comment